Today is World Kindness Day and we are encouraging you to spread kindness like the infectious flu that is probably making its way around your office at the moment.
During long, busy workdays, completing tasks is our primary goal. In striving to do so, we can often be unintentionally unkind to others. Perhaps we ignore a question or brush someone off in the name of “getting it done". We each have the potential to improve each others lives through understanding and kindness. Whether it’s a friend, family member, coworker or stranger, our ability to show our humanity should have no limit! Why not say thank you to your employees, as well as incorporate the Christmas spirit, by gifting your hardworking employees with a thoughtful branded promotional gift.
Integrate It into Your Office Culture
Being kind to others reduces stress. According to a 2015 study by Yale and UCLA, people who performed more acts of kindness had a better response to stress, while showing no dips in positive emotions and overall mental health. Here are some acts of kindness to bring into your office
- Leave a welcome message on a meeting room's whiteboard when you leave.
- Share praise with a co-worker’s boss and their boss’s boss.
- Hand-write a Thank You note to someone you appreciate.
- Take a new employee to lunch.
- Help someone before they ask.
- Hold the elevator for someone running behind.
- Donate surplus office supplies to a local school or charity.
- Remember others’ birthdays and important events, and celebrate them!
- Learn the names of your office security guard, the person at the front desk and other people you see every day. Greet them by name.
- Congratulate someone on their accomplishments.
To celebrate International Kindness Day EverythingBrandedUSA takes a closer look at our extensive line of branded promotional gifts.
See a product you like? Click on it to view details!
EverythingBrandedUSA offers a wide range of promotional products that can be personalized to your business.